As a member of the Compass Rose Team, you will be instrumental in driving our mission to deliver extraordinary outdoor corporate events. We strive for excellence in family fun, delicious food and stellar organization and logistics. CRE event professionals typically begin with a position as a Seasonal Event Manager or Business Development Representative. We have positions available in Tennessee, Texas and Maine.
Warehouse Associates- Seasonal, April thru October
Our warehouse associates are responsible for loading/unloading 26 ft box trucks on a weekly basis. They process, clean and repair equipment returning from events and load trucks for the upcoming weekend’s events.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Must have the ability to speak effectively with employees of all levels within the organization
- Must be 21 years old, have a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a medical DOT card
- High school diploma or GED and six+ months related experience and/or training
- Must be able to pass medical physical, criminal background check and drug test
Paid hourly, normal hours are Monday-Thursday 7am-4pm
Event Managers- Seasonal, April thru October
Event Managers at Compass Rose interact with our corporate customers and supervise a staff of 20-100+. Each week they travel to a new location to oversee employee and/or family style events with an average of 1000+ attendees. They are Lead Managers, Kitchen Managers and Entertainment Managers. Long weekend work with frequent out-of-town overnight travel is required. Event Management is a physical job with a great deal of outdoor exposure. They also work in the warehouse to assist with equipment processing.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Be a proven team player
- Event or Culinary experience preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 100 pounds. This is a physical, hands on job
Paid hourly with meal allowance when traveling, travel expenses and incentive plans
Business Development Representatives
Business Development Team members work to qualify leads, introduce our services and generate appointments for our Project Managers. They manage our database and research new opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid computer skills including MS Office; SalesForce.com and Go-To-Meeting a plus
- Proven organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Willingness to work as part of a team to generate company revenue
- Desire to succeed and grow within the event industry
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test
Full-time positions, paid hourly with benefits and sales incentive plan